The Development & Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of fundraising and fund development activities (i.e., annual giving, private and corporate fundraising, private foundation support, major gifts, event) of the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC). The Development & Communications Manager also is responsible for steering overall messaging and communications efforts, including management of all ICMEC website and social media assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct prospect research and implement effective procedures to identify, cultivate, and steward donors.
- Work with ICMEC program staff on grant and other fundraising proposals, including editing and writing of grant proposals, preparing budgets for grant proposals, and coordinating final production of grant proposals.
- Prepare development and fundraising reports as required by ICMEC, and work with program staff to prepare reports to donors.
- Support planning of events to engage individual, foundation, and corporate donors, including annual Gala for Child Protection in NYC and other events as needed.
- Write and track acknowledgements and thank you letters.
- Work with Director of Finance to maintain timing and accuracy of pledges and donations.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure appropriate recognition and support to donors and accurate maintenance of donor database(s) and tracking.
- Monitor progress toward revenue goals, including implementing appropriate metrics for evaluating effectiveness of ICMEC’s fundraising initiatives.
- Create and manage communications plans and update staff on priorities.
- Develop written and printed materials to communicate ICMEC’s mission and results to various external audiences, including ICMEC’s Annual Report, various materials to use in meetings with donors and prospects, and materials needed to brief the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Oversee production of promotional and marketing materials to ensure that ICMEC is well positioned to communicate its work and results to key stakeholders.
- Manage ICMEC website and social media channels, including sourcing and producing engaging web and social media content and ensuring website and all social media channels are up-to-date, relevant, and interesting.
- Manage ICMEC’s Constant Contact and Bloomerang databases, including entering donations and regularly updating contact information.
- Promote and exhibit loyalty to ICMEC’s mission.
- Promote a professional image.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning phone calls and replying to correspondence (electronic and otherwise).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; 3+ years of related work experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Experience in donor prospecting, proposal writing, and writing and developing non-profit fundraising materials (i.e., campaign materials, annual reports).
- Experience in website and social media management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Bloomerang, and Constant Contact preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, time management, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks with a very high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information.