POSITION: Human Resources & Office Manager
REPORTS TO: Sr. Vice President of Research & Operations
FLSA: Exempt; Salaried
The Human Resources & Office Manager is responsible for the general operations of ICMEC’s headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. Duties include greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls, purchasing office supplies and taking proper inventory, creating presentations and management-level reports, assisting with employee and intern recruitment, and supporting staff as necessary to ensure maximum productivity. In addition, this position is responsible for managing routine Human Resources (HR) related functions/matters and supporting the Director of Accounting and other team members as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and best practices
- Research trends and propose updated policies in compensation and benefits
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implementation of new systems
- Partner with SVP of Research & Operations to update organization-wide policy documents and define/streamline processes and procedures, and ensure proper implementation
- Actively coordinate with benefits providers for annual open enrollment and employee compliance training
- Support a robust employee lifecycle: Recruiting, hiring, onboarding/orientation, training, and offboarding of employees (and interns)
- Support SVP of Research & Operations with ICMEC’s performance evaluation process and tracking
- Support the SVP of Research & Operations in fostering a positive workplace culture by formalizing employee milestone recognition: anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
- Serve as bi-weekly payroll processing backup for Director of Accounting
- Assist Director of Accounting with the collection of travel expense reports, receipts, and other finance documentation as needed
General Office Management Responsibilities:
- Greet office visitors, answer incoming phone calls, and respond to emails sent to our general inbox
- Assist with the planning and execution of organizational events and meetings
- Serve as the point person for building maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and vendor invoicing
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Purchase office supplies and equipment and maintain proper stock levels
- Produce reports, compose correspondence, and create presentations and other management-level reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience required
- Motivation to learn more about HR practices. ICMEC to provide training to the right candidate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter and driven, adaptable, flexible, and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of administrative and HR practices and procedures, basic accounting, and payroll
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information
Local travel may be required.
HOURS and SCHEDULE:
Generally, Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm (minimum 37.5 hours within five (5) days per week); unless otherwise required or approved by management to also include evenings and weekends as needed -Temporarily remote
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
ICMEC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, or other legally protected basis. All decisions regarding employment issues are based on a person’s overall qualifications and their ability to meet the position requirements.
No calls or emails please.